Job Title: Receptionist
Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:45 am – 3:45 pm
Schedule: 10-month position (August to May)
Pay: Starting at $13/hour
Report To: Administration
This employee is responsible for answering the phones and welcoming guests to the school. They will also be responsible for performing clerical and/or record-keeping tasks required in the daily activities of the school. This employee will also provide first aid and limited health services support for assigned students based on training received from the school nurse.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors, assist with parent questions/concerns, and check-in and out students.
- Screen telephone calls and incoming mail, and take and deliver messages.
- Prepare material for meetings upon request and take meeting minutes.
- Assist in maintaining filing systems and files for both medical and cumulative files.
- Maintain the emergency contact binder and contact phone book.
- Coordinate the daily and monthly lunch menu forms.
- Assist the Business Manager with verifying deposits, collecting monies owed, requesting records for new students, and sending out student records to requesting school
- Assist the Office Manager & Administrative Assistant with tours, questions relating to the lottery, collecting enrollment packets, copies, etc.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, and community agencies while maintaining confidentiality.
- Assist with keeping the clinic organized, orderly, and clean at all times.
- Perform other duties for both Receptionist and backup Clinic Assistant as required.
- Warm and friendly personality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Ability to compose letters and memoranda independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with parents, students, officials, department heads, other employees, and the general public.
- First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certifications or agreement to become certified within the designated timeframe
- Experience in a similar position
- Word processing and spreadsheet computer skills
- Secretarial experience in a school system