Parents & Students
Health and Wellness
- Masks are optional in Pasco County Schools. However, the CDC continues to
recommend the use of masks. Since CDC guidance is subject to change, we
recommend visiting the CDC website for the latest guidance.
- All district employees, students, visitors, and volunteers will review a health
self-screener prior to reporting to work or school each day. The screeners will be
posted at the top of our website.
- We will not be doing temperature checks upon arrival at this time.
- Staff and students will be encouraged to practice social distancing when and where possible.
- Enhanced cleaning will continue.
- Touch points around the campus will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Tables, sinks, drinking fountains, and light switches will be disinfected daily.
- AC filters will continue to be replaced with greater frequency.
- The use of one-way traffic flows inside buildings is encouraged where feasible to improve social distancing of students and staff.
- Cleaning resources (hand sanitizer, alcohol wipes, soap, germicide) will be
Students or staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be able to return to school
or work when the following criteria have been met:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared, AND
- At least 24 hours have passed since the last fever has passed with the use of
fever-reducing medications, AND
- Symptoms have subsided.
Students and staff may return in fewer than 10 days with the following:
- Students and staff may return in fewer than 10 days with the following:
- Verified medical documentation of alternate diagnosis as the cause of symptoms,
- Documentation of a negative PCR COVID-19 test.
- The Department of Health will determine which individuals need to quarantine
due to close contact with a positive case. Close contact is defined as within six
feet of an infected person for a total of 15 minutes or more.
- The Department of Health will review each case and make a recommendation.
Students and staff who have been fully vaccinated may not be required to
quarantine unless they exhibit symptoms.
- Individuals who need to quarantine will be notified via a letter from the
Department of Health, which will be sent to the individuals by the school.
- Students who must quarantine or isolate will be marked as an excused absence during the quarantine period.
- Students have two options for instruction, including in-person, on-campus
instruction as an enrolled CMCS student and the Pasco eSchool/FLVS virtual
option. For the Pasco eSchool/FLVS option, students would have to withdraw
from CMCS. The state has not approved our continued use of the innovative
option that was offered last year – CMCS Online.
- Each quarantine situation will be unique and CMCS will work with families to
develop a plan to ensure instructional continuity.
- Concurrent teaching and Zoom classes are not the expectation when students are out on quarantine.
Visitors and Volunteers
- Meetings involving visitors will be conducted virtually when possible.
- At this time, CMCS will not have visitors on campus for at least the first quarter.
We will continue to use the walk-up window for visitors.
- All visitors and volunteers will review a health self-screener prior to visiting the
school campus. The screeners will be posted on our website.
Field Trips & Enrichment
- CMCS will not have field trips or enrichment for at least the first quarter.